Hi! Thanks for being here. 😊
To me, productivity is about being intentional.
It's not about being a better worker bee or trying to jam more and more into each day. It's knowing who and what's important and spending your precious time, energy, and attention on them.
This philosophy is born out of some significant life experiences over the last 15 years, including:
- Building and growing multiple businesses
- Supporting my husband and business partner through cancer
- Supporting our family through a close member's terminal illness and death
- Living with Multiple Sclerosis and the impacts it has on my day-to-day
- Navigating that whole pandemic thing
... and, of course, all the other normal ups and downs of life.
I've learned a lot over the years.
The most important thing is that time is not guaranteed. I have to be intentional with my time, energy and attention.
Now, I help other entrepreneurs and business leaders do the same:
- Reduce and prevent burnout
- Develop healthy habits and processes
- Build resilience
- Spend your time, energy and attention on what matters
My superpower is calming chaos. I would love to help you calm yours!
The other stuff
My background and experience
- I have been a full-time entrepreneur since 2009, and I am a co-founder of 2 other active businesses:
- You might notice that all of my businesses are process-oriented!
- I am a University of Alberta graduate with a Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Psychology.
- I have been writing, coaching and speaking since 2016.
- I was awarded an Avenue Magazine Top 40 Under 40 in 2017.
- I completed the Roy Group’s The Practice of Coaching course in 2018.
- I'm a mentor on an entrepreneur team in the Threshold Impact University of Alberta Venture Mentoring Service (TIVMS).
- You can read the whole list of my past volunteer roles on LinkedIn
- My husband, Dana, and I have been together since we were 18 and business partners since we were 25.
- I am an unapologetic cat lady. After the loss of our two senior kitties, Toby and Penny, we adopted Winston and Stella and are enjoying (most of the time!) life with young cats.
- I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Yes, it gets obscenely cold in the winter. No, I do not enjoy it.
- I have done some kind of fitness (yoga, outdoor running, HIIT, strength training, pilates) every single day since January 1, 2018.
- I read around 100 books a year. I mostly read fiction, with a particular soft spot for fantasy, but I usually have a non-fiction book on the go as well.
- Dana and I play video games together. My ideal Saturday morning is pancakes and coffee, followed by some gaming time.
- I am a big NBA basketball fan. My teams are the Toronto Raptors and Miami Heat, but I watch many other teams throughout the season and read a basketball newsletter over breakfast every morning.
- I have travelled quite a bit and try to make sure there is always another trip on the horizon.