My superpower is calming chaos.
Life has thrown a lot at me.
My husband and business partner went through cancer. A close family member went through a terminal illness and passed away. I have Multiple Sclerosis and my health could change at any time. Then there was that whole pandemic. All while running multiple businesses.
I bet life has thrown a lot at you too.
Through over 13 years as an entrepreneur building a software development company and living through significant life challenges, I have learned a lot.
The most important thing I have learned is: time is not guaranteed. I have to be intentional with my time, energy and attention.
To me, productivity is all about intention. It's not about being a better worker bee or trying to jam more and more into my life. It's knowing who and what's important to me and making sure I spend my precious time, energy, and attention on them. It's taking care of myself so I don't burn out and making the most out of whatever time I have.
Now I help other entrepreneurs and business leaders do the same:
- Reduce and prevent burnout
- Build resilience to help you handle the ups and downs of life
- Spend your time, energy and attention on what matters
My superpower is calming chaos. Let’s calm yours today!
The other stuff
My background and experience
- I have been a full-time entrepreneur since 2009 and I am a co-founder of 2 other active businesses: Code and Effect and Tadum.
- Code and Effect is a software consultancy that specializes in developing custom association management software (AMS) for professional, regulatory, and member organizations.
- Tadum is an online agenda app that helps teams get organized and stay accountable with better meetings.
- You will notice that both of these businesses are process-oriented!
- I am a University of Alberta graduate with a Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Psychology.
- I have been writing, coaching and speaking since 2016.
- I was awarded an Avenue Magazine Top 40 Under 40 in 2017.
- I completed the Roy Group’s The Practice of Coaching course in 2018.
- Currently, I am a mentor on two entrepreneur teams in the Threshold Impact University of Alberta Venture Mentoring Service (TIVMS).
- You can read the whole list of my past volunteer roles on my LinkedIn!
- My husband, Dana, and I have been together since we were 18.
- I am a cat lady. After the loss of our two senior kitties, Toby and Penny, we recently adopted Winston and Stella.
- I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Yes, it gets obscenely cold in the winter. No, I do not enjoy it.
- I have done some kind of fitness (yoga, outdoor running, HIIT, strength training, pilates) every single day since January 1, 2018.
- I read at least 100 books a year. I mostly read fiction, with a particular soft spot for fantasy, but usually have a non-fiction book on the go as well.
- Dana and I play video games together. My ideal Saturday morning is pancakes and coffee followed by some gaming time.
- I am a big NBA basketball fan. My team is, of course, the Toronto Raptors, but I watch many other teams throughout the season and read a basketball newsletter over breakfast every morning.
- I have travelled quite a bit and try to make sure there is always another trip on the horizon.
Check out my blog or learn more about my productivity consulting and speaking. Wanna chat?