Life has thrown a lot at me. My husband and business partner went through cancer. A close family member went through a terminal illness and passed away. I have Multiple Sclerosis and my health could change at any time. Then there is that whole pandemic. All while running multiple businesses.
I bet life has thrown a lot at you too.
Through over 13 years as an entrepreneur building a software development company and living through significant life challenges, I have learned a lot.
The most important thing I have learned is: time is not guaranteed. I have to be intentional with my time, energy and attention.
To me, productivity is all about intention. It's not about being a better worker bee or trying to jam more and more into my life. It's knowing who and what's important to me and making sure I spend my precious time, energy, and attention on them. It's taking care of myself so I don't burn out and make the most out of whatever time I have.
Now I help other entrepreneurs and business leaders do the same: calm their chaos, reduce burnout, and cultivate resilience.
Chaos is the enemy of productivity. My superpower is calming chaos.
Let’s start calming your chaos!
The other stuff
My background and experience
- I have been a full-time entrepreneur since 2009 and I am a co-founder of 2 other active businesses: Code and Effect and Tadum.
- Code and Effect is a software consultancy that specializes in developing custom association management software (AMS) for professional, regulatory, and member organizations.
- Tadum is an online agenda app that helps teams get organized and stay accountable with better meetings.
- You will notice that both of these businesses are process-oriented!
- I am a University of Alberta graduate with a Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Psychology.
- I have been writing, coaching and speaking since 2016.
- I was awarded an Avenue Magazine Top 40 Under 40 in 2017.
- I completed the Roy Group’s The Practice of Coaching course in 2018.
- Currently, I am a mentor on two entrepreneur teams in the Threshold Impact University of Alberta Venture Mentoring Service (TIVMS).
- I am also a member of the Canadian Society of Association Executives (CSAE) Alberta Network Council.
- You can read the whole list of my past volunteer roles on my LinkedIn!
- My husband, Dana, and I have been together since we were 18.
- I have a senior cat named Penny and I am kind of a cat lady.
- I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Yes, it gets obscenely cold in the winter. No, I do not enjoy it.
- I have done some kind of fitness (yoga, outdoor running, HIIT, strength training, pilates) every single day since January 1, 2018.
- I read at least 100 books a year. I mostly read fiction, with a particular soft spot for fantasy, but usually have a non-fiction book on the go as well.
- Dana and I play video games together. My ideal Saturday morning is pancakes and coffee followed by some gaming time.
- I am a big NBA basketball fan. My team is, of course, the Toronto Raptors, but I watch many other teams throughout the season and read a basketball newsletter over breakfast every morning.
- I have travelled quite a bit and try to make sure there is always another trip on the horizon.