My superpower is bringing structure to chaos.
If you are feeling overwhelmed, you are not alone. I will teach you organizational tools and habits that will help you step off the hamster wheel and reclaim control over your time.
Where is your business going and how are you going to get there? I will help you set goals for your business and break them down into achievable steps so you can start moving forward.
Having goals isn't enough. Sometimes you need someone to help keep you on track. We will set regular meeting rhythms to breakdown barriers and keep you motivated.
Operations Consulting Services
I am co-founder and CEO of Code and Effect and have been an entrepreneur in the tech industry for 10 years. I am involved in the community as the vice-chair of the board for Youth Empowerment and Support Services (YESS), as the entrepreneur representative for the Venture Mentoring Service Board of Advisors, and a mentor for the University of Alberta Career Mentoring Program. I was also selected for the Avenue Magazine Top 40 Under 40 in 2017.
Why should I work with you?
My superpower is bringing structure to chaos, and business is chaotic.
- Are you overwhelmed?
- Do you see no clear path forward in your business?
- Do you need more personal accountability?
If you said yes to any of these questions, I can help.
What types of things would we work on together?
- Setting achievable goals and providing accountability to help you reach them.
- Learning time management tools to establish healthy habits.
- Pulling yourself out of the day-to-day of your businesses to focus on strategic planning.
- Creating efficient and effective organizational processes.
- Making decisions or solving business problems that you are not sure how to approach.
Who do you work with?
Entrepreneurs who are looking to grow themselves and their business.
How does it work?
- The Kickoff
- We set a kickoff meeting for me to get to know you and your business better.
- We discuss the business challenges you want to work on and prioritize them.
- We set a meeting rhythm that works for you (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly) and book it!
- The Meetings
- I provide you with an agenda template which you fill out and provide to me before each meeting.
- In this agenda you identify the challenge(s) you want to address at this meeting, the outcomes you want to achieve, and report on your progress from the last meeting.
- In the meeting I use my expertise and tools to work through your challenge with you and then set goals and accountabilities for you to achieve prior to the next meeting.
- The Time Inbetween
- I am available via email or phone for any help or guidance you need as you work through your goals and accountabilities before we meet again.
How much does it cost?
Ongoing monthly engagements start at $600/mo, plus GST. These are driven by weekly, bi-weekly or monthly meetings, usually totalling 3-4 hours of meeting each month.
Is there a minimum commitment?
Nope, but a 3-month commitment is recommended. This gives us a chance to work together to gain a clear understanding of your goals and the challenges you are facing, and also make real progress on overcoming them. I am also available on an ad-hoc basis.
How do you get started?
I teach workshops and present on a variety of topics business topics included in my consulting services. These sessions give you practical tools and take-aways on areas such as time and task management, decision making, strategic planning, e-commerce, and project management.
- 2018 - Digital Project Managers Meetup - Personal Productivity Hacks
- 2018 - TEC Edmonton - Lab2Biz Panel - Making the Transition from research to entrepreneurship
- 2018 - The Ace Class - Babes Who Brunch Keynote Speaker - Learning Resilience
- 2018 - Edmonton Public Library - Lessons from Women in Leadership Table Host
- 2018 - ATB Financial & NAIT Mawji Centre - #TheStruggleIsReal Panel
- 2018 - Canada Learning Code & DiscoverE - Alberta Girls Engineering & Technology Summit - Female Leaders Brunch
- 2018 - University of Alberta - Alberta Student Leadership Summit Panel
- 2017 - Medicine Hat College Workshop, Global Entrepreneurship Week - Building Your E-Commerce Business
- 2017 - Business Networking International (BNI) Workshop - Battling the Culture of Busy – Tactics to Manage Your Time with Intention
- 2017 - Alberta Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) Workshop - Building Your E-Commerce Business
- 2017 - Alberta Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) Workshop - Battling the Culture of Busy – Tactics to Manage Your Time with Intention (Edmonton and Calgary Peerspark groups)
- 2017 - Alberta Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) Workshop - Battling the Culture of Busy – Tactics to Manage Your Time with Intention (Internal Team)
- 2017 - Alberta Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) Workshop - Introduction to E-Commerce: How to Get Started
- 2017 - Rotary Club of Edmonton West - Intentional Networking
- 2017 - ATB Entrepreneur SpeakEasy - How do you keep your customers coming back for more?
- 2016 - Digital Project Managers Meetup - Know Yourself, Manage Better
- 2016 - DisruptHR YEG - Culture = Cash
- 2016 - Storytelling & Time Management: Tips, Tools & Tactics - Workshop
- 2015 - UX Camp 2015 - A Framework for Deciding the How After the What (QSRT)
- 2015 - #girlbossyeg Panel - Panel of Albertan women in leadership roles
- 2015 - UofA Faculty of Arts Q&A - Q & A with Ashley Janssen
- 2015 - ACF Guest Blog - Bathroom Cries and Snack Machine Runs
- 2015 - Edmonton Business Network - Creating a Foundation for Growth
- 2014 - Capital Ideas Panel - Making the transition from freelancer to entrepreneur
- 2013 - Alberta Venture Lunch With - Two family-focused business minds discuss the need to delegate without abdicating