I understand that business is a complex and ever-changing playing field, and I’ve likely faced many of the same challenges that you have or will. I want to help you navigate this field. I take the same concepts and processes that I have learned in my ten years of experience and apply them to your business.
I offer structured consulting and coaching that provides tactics, tools, and accountability to overcome your challenges.
1. Why work with me?
My superpower is bringing structure to chaos, and business can be chaotic. Sometimes it is helpful to have an external, unbiased view of the challenges you are facing and someone to be accountable to reach your goals. These are some of the challenges that my customers ask me to help with:
- Pulling yourself out of the day-to-day of your businesses to focus on strategic planning.
- Organizational and process development.
- Business problems that you are not sure how to approach.
2. What topics do I advise on?
My customers usually come to me and say something along the lines of, “I need to x but I don’t know how,” or “I need someone to unpack this problem with me”. I use my process orientation and tactics to help you work through your major challenges. More specifically, I can also advise you on:
- Process Development
- Meeting rhythms and team execution
- Hiring new team members
- Prioritization and decision making
- Strategic Planning
- Goal setting – Annual, quarterly, monthly, weekly
- Cash flow spreadsheets (how to plan and manage business finances)
- Seeking and maximizing mentorship
- Creating a culture of accountability
- Tactical organization
- Email management and organization
- Running good meetings
- Task management
- Effective networking
- Project management
- Quality*Scope=Resources*Time: A framework for approaching and thinking about project management
- Awesome weekly status meetings
- How and why to run daily standups
- Managing impostor syndrome
- Introversion vs Extroversion in the workplace and how it relates to project management, people management, and self-care.
- Resilience, self-care, and intentionality as it relates to being a more effective person in all aspects of life.
3. Who do I work with?
- Small business operators
4. How does it work?
- We decide on a specific time, usually one hour a week, to meet.
- I provide you with an agenda template which you fill out and provide to me before each meeting.
- In this agenda you report on your progress from the last meeting, identify the challenge(s) you want to address at this meeting, and the outcomes you want to achieve.
- I use my expertise and tools to work through the challenge and then set goals/accountabilities for you to achieve prior to the next meeting.
5. What kind of deliverables can you expect?
Regardless of the challenge, you can expect the following:
- Structure – We schedule regular meetings, with agendas, to identify goals and the actions that need to be taken to achieve them.
- Accountability – Once we know what needs to be done, we help make sure that everyone involved is accountable to what they committed to.
- Results – We regularly monitor and measure progress to make sure the actions that are being taken are moving you closer to achieving your goals.
6. How much does it cost?
7. Is there a minimum commitment?
There is a 1-month minimum commitment. This gives me a chance to get a clear understanding of you, your goals, and the challenges you are facing.
8. How do you get started?
Working with Ashley has been transformational for my business. It’s easy to get lost in the day-to-day operational demands of my work, and the tools and solutions I’ve been equipped with have allowed me to step into a strategic role. My team and I are already experiencing the benefit of more clearly-defined goals and measurable goalposts to work towards.
— Claire Theaker-Brown, Founder, Flatter:Me Belts
I have received invaluable guidance and mentorship from Ashley. She has a special ability to care deeply while maintaining the dispassionate perspective necessary to solve business problems. When I get down in the weeds, she helps me refocus on what is most important, and guide me toward realizing the action necessary to get those important things done. I learn something every time I talk to her.
— Karen Unland, co-founder of Taproot Edmonton and principal of Unland Media Consulting